- Forthcoming Symposia
- 17th Annual Symposium, 2017
- 16th Annual Symposium, 2016
- 15th Annual Symposium, 2015
- 14th Annual Symposium, 2014
- 13th Annual Symposium, 2013
- 12th Annual Symposium, 2012
- 11th Annual Symposium, 2011
- 10th Annual Symposium, 2010
- 9th Annual Symposium, 2009
- 8th Annual Symposium, 2008
- 7th Annual Symposium, 2007
- 6th Annual Symposium, 2006
- 5th Annual Symposium, 2005
- 4th Annual Symposium, 2004
- 3rd Annual Symposium, 2003
- 2nd Annual Symposium, 2002
- 1st Annual Symposium, 2001
15th Annual Symposium 2015
"Edward Heron-Allen: Research in Egypt, La Rochelle and Sussex"
Saturday, 27th June, 2015
The Minerology Seminar Room,
The Natural History Museum,
The Minerology Seminar Room is in the basement of the Natural History Museum. To reach the Seminar Room please enter the Museum via the Geological Museum Entrance in Exhibition Road, NOT the Main Entrance in Cromwell Road.
Will those wishing to attend the Symposium please contact the Honorary Secretary, Juliet Field (email@example.com), at 40 Portland Road, Oxford. OX2 7EY, Tel: 01865 552640.
Those wishing to join us for lunch at Pierino's Italian restaurant, 37 Thurlow Place, London SW7 2HP, should inform the Honorary Secretary by 13 June.
- 11.00 Welcome and Introduction by the Chairman
- Graham Saxby-Soffe, 'Roman sculpture in the Kingdom of Togidubnus: Edward Heron-Allen's Contribution'
- David Bone, 'Quarrying the Mixon: Heron-Allen's mystery resolved'
- John P. Mahoney, 'The 1903 Egyptian rebirth of the Necromancer, Edward Heron-Allen'
- A Visit to the Heron-Allen Library where the bones from the Selsey Mammoth will be on display, and Simon Parfitt will talk about them
- John Whittaker, 'In the Steps of Alcide d'Orbigny: Heron-Allen's visit to La Rochelle, from his Holiday Journal of 1914'
- Timothy McCann, 'Edward Heron-Allen and Sir Arthur Smith Woodward'
- The Annual General Meeting
- Lunch at Pierino's
AGM AgendaChairman: Tim McCann
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of Meeting on 28 June 2014
- Matters arising
- Election of Officers and Committee
- Chairman's Report
- Presentation of Accounts by the Treasurer
- Newsletter and Future Opuscula
- 2016 Symposium
- Any Other Business [notified in advance to the Secretary]
- Date of next meeting [Saturday 25 June 2016]