- Forthcoming Symposia
- 17th Annual Symposium, 2017
- 16th Annual Symposium, 2016
- 15th Annual Symposium, 2015
- 14th Annual Symposium, 2014
- 13th Annual Symposium, 2013
- 12th Annual Symposium, 2012
- 11th Annual Symposium, 2011
- 10th Annual Symposium, 2010
- 9th Annual Symposium, 2009
- 8th Annual Symposium, 2008
- 7th Annual Symposium, 2007
- 6th Annual Symposium, 2006
- 5th Annual Symposium, 2005
- 4th Annual Symposium, 2004
- 3rd Annual Symposium, 2003
- 2nd Annual Symposium, 2002
- 1st Annual Symposium, 2001
8th Annual Symposium 2008
"Treasures: Decorative, Egyptian and Musical: More from Heron-Allen's Collections"
Saturday, 5th July, 2008
Natural History Museum
Palaeontology Demonstration Room
(The Dorothea Bate Room)
and Heron-Allen Library
Meet at the Visitors Reception, on the left, inside the main entrance to the Museum on Cromwell Road. The nearest
Underground Station is South Kensington.
Lunch has been arranged at Pierino's Italian Restaurant in Thurlow Place near to the Museum. Those wishing to attend
the lunch should book with Dr John Whittaker at the Natural History Museum (Tel. 0207-942-5132).
During the day we hope to visit Heron-Allen's Room at the Museum (The Gavin de Beer Room), and "The Purple Sapphire"
in The Vault.
- 10.30 Tea and Coffee
- 11.00 Welcome and Introduction by the Chairman
- Lucy Wood, "Heron-Allen's Westminster Fire Office Chairs"
- Pam Thompson, "A Cornucopia of Treasures and Trivia: Heron-Allen's Miscellanea in the Royal College of Music
- Joann Fletcher, "The Heron-Allen Collection of Egyptian Scarabs"
- The Official Opening of the Heron-Allen Library Door
- Lunch at Pierino's Italian Restaurant
- The Annual General Meeting
- Peter Scott, "Tea at the De Keyser Hotel - Edward Heron-Allen's Colleagues at M.I.7(b)"
AGM AgendaChairman: Tim McCann
- Minutes of Meeting on 7th July 2007
- Matters arising
- Re-election of Officers and Committee
- Chairman's Report
- Presentation of Accounts by the Treasurer
- Web-Site by Andy Henderson
- Newsletter by Tim McCann
- 2009 Symposium by Tim McCann
- Any Other Business
- Date of next meeting