- Forthcoming Symposia
- 17th Annual Symposium, 2017
- 16th Annual Symposium, 2016
- 15th Annual Symposium, 2015
- 14th Annual Symposium, 2014
- 13th Annual Symposium, 2013
- 12th Annual Symposium, 2012
- 11th Annual Symposium, 2011
- 10th Annual Symposium, 2010
- 9th Annual Symposium, 2009
- 8th Annual Symposium, 2008
- 7th Annual Symposium, 2007
- 6th Annual Symposium, 2006
- 5th Annual Symposium, 2005
- 4th Annual Symposium, 2004
- 3rd Annual Symposium, 2003
- 2nd Annual Symposium, 2002
- 1st Annual Symposium, 2001
10th Annual Symposium 2010
"Edward Heron-Allen, Archaeology and Local History"
Saturday, 3rd July, 2010
West Sussex Record Office
Chichester, West Sussex
Transport Details and map
There are direct trains to Chichester from Victoria Station in London, from Gatwick Airport and from Portsmouth
and Brighton. The Record Office is opposite the Westgate roundabout and is ten minutes walk from Chichester Station.
There is parking behind the Record Office building.
- 10.30 Tea and Coffee
- 11.00 Welcome and Introduction by the Chairman
- David Bone, 'Edward Heron-Allen and the Geology of Selsey'
- Martin Bates, 'The Selsey area - climate and sea-level change over the last 500,000 years'
- Timothy J. McCann, 'Edward Heron-Allen and 'The Mound' at Selsey, 1911'
- The Annual General Meeting
- John P. Mahoney and Barbara P. Mahoney, 'Preamble to the Le Gallienne vs. Heron-Allen 'Incident':
Part II: The Clouds of Discontent at the Sette of Odd Volumes, 1889-1890'
- Lunch has been arranged at No.12 Wine bar and restaurant, Westgate, Chichester. A menu will be enclosed with
the Spring Newsletter (No.16). Those wishing to lunch with the Society should chose one item for each course
and book with our Honorary Secretary Juliet Field.
AGM AgendaChairman: Tim McCann