- Forthcoming Symposia
- 17th Annual Symposium, 2017
- 16th Annual Symposium, 2016
- 15th Annual Symposium, 2015
- 14th Annual Symposium, 2014
- 13th Annual Symposium, 2013
- 12th Annual Symposium, 2012
- 11th Annual Symposium, 2011
- 10th Annual Symposium, 2010
- 9th Annual Symposium, 2009
- 8th Annual Symposium, 2008
- 7th Annual Symposium, 2007
- 6th Annual Symposium, 2006
- 5th Annual Symposium, 2005
- 4th Annual Symposium, 2004
- 3rd Annual Symposium, 2003
- 2nd Annual Symposium, 2002
- 1st Annual Symposium, 2001
7th Annual Symposium 2007
"The Heron-Allens and Oxford"
Saturday, 7th July, 2007
Lady Margaret Hall
Norham Gardens, Oxford
Lady Margaret Hall (Tel: 01865 274300) is immediately north of the Oxford Parks. From whichever direction you are
coming to Oxford, it is best to reach LMH from the northern end of the Oxford Ring Road; the city centre is difficult to
navigate unless you already know exactly where you are going. Detailed directions can be found on the LMH website.
Limited parking is available at a fee of £20 for the duration of the Symposium, please contact the Chairman.
Those travelling by train are strongly advised to take a taxi to the college. It is a very long walk. Numbers and car
registrations are required 7 days prior to the start of the Symposium and drivers are asked to report to the Porter's Lodge
on arrival so that they can be advised where to park. The college is able to provide overnight accommodation either for
the night before or the night after the Symposium, or both. Coffee and a finger buffet will be provided at the Symposium.
It is important that all those wishing to attend inform the Secretary before 23 June.
- 10.30 Tea and Coffee
- 11.00 Welcome and Introduction by the Chairman
- Alathea Pitt, "Edward Heron-Allen and the Heron-Allen Scholarships at Lady Margaret Hall"
- Ivor Jones, "Armorel Daphne Heron-Allen: The Early Years"
- Joan Navarre, "'Woman of the World': Armorel Heron-Allen and Lady Longford at Oxford"
- The Annual General Meeting
- Timothy J. McCann, "'Men of Prevision': Edward Heron-Allen, John Johnson and the John Johnson Collection of
Printed Ephemera at the Bodleian Library, Oxford"
AGM AgendaChairman: Tim McCann
- Minutes of Meeting on 1 July 2006
- Matters arising
- Re-election of Officers and Committee
- Chairman's Report
- Presentation of Accounts by the Treasurer
- Web-Site by Andy Henderson
- Newsletter by Tim McCann
- 2008 Symposium by John Whittaker
- Any Other Business
- Date of next meeting