- Forthcoming Symposia
- 17th Annual Symposium, 2017
- 16th Annual Symposium, 2016
- 15th Annual Symposium, 2015
- 14th Annual Symposium, 2014
- 13th Annual Symposium, 2013
- 12th Annual Symposium, 2012
- 11th Annual Symposium, 2011
- 10th Annual Symposium, 2010
- 9th Annual Symposium, 2009
- 8th Annual Symposium, 2008
- 7th Annual Symposium, 2007
- 6th Annual Symposium, 2006
- 5th Annual Symposium, 2005
- 4th Annual Symposium, 2004
- 3rd Annual Symposium, 2003
- 2nd Annual Symposium, 2002
- 1st Annual Symposium, 2001
13th Annual Symposium 2013
"Edward Heron-Allen and his Collections"
Saturday, 29th June, 2013
The Sackler Rooms are in the basement of the British Museum. When you enter the Great Court from the entrance,
you turn sharp right to a staircase at the end and go downstairs. From there it will be clearly signposted.
Will those wishing to attend the Symposium please contact the Honorary Secretary, Juliet Field, at 40 Portland Road,
Oxford. OX2 TEY, Tel: 01865 552640.
Those wishing to join us for lunch at Il Castelletto should inform the Honorary Secretary by 15 June.
- 10.15 Coffee
- 10.30 Welcome and Introduction by the Chairman
- John P. Mahoney and Barbara P. Mahoney, 'Doctor Christopher Blayre. Scientific and Literary Accomplishments'.
- Simon Parfitt, 'Edward Heron-Allen and the discovery of the Selsey Mammoth, 1909'
- Thomas Hockenhull, 'Edward Heron-Allen's French Banknotes in the British Museum'
- 'Off the Shelf'. Short Five Minute Talks, including David Thompson, 'Edward Heron-Allen's watch';
and Pam Thompson on Edward Heron-Allen's Donations to the British Museum
- Liza Wood and Armorel Wood. 'Edward Heron-Allen. Some personal papers'
- The Annual General Meeting
- Lunch at Il Castelletto Italian restaurant in Bury Place
AGM AgendaChairman: Tim McCann
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of Meeting on 30 June 2012
- Matters arising
- Election of Officers and Committee
- Chairman's Report
- Presentation of Accounts by the Treasurer
- Newsletter and Future Opuscula
- 2014 Symposium
- Any Other Business
- Date of next meeting [Saturday 30 June 2014]