Edward Heron-Allen in uniform, c. 1918
Joan Navarre is writing a biography
of Edward Heron-Allen.
Any information concerning Heron-Allen (e.g. letters, manuscripts, photographs) will be greatly appreciated.
Bibligraphy complied by R.B.Russell Tartarus Press, with many thanks to John Mahoney for his additions.
This bibliography is an evolving work. Please notify the webmaster of any additions, corections or amendments.
- Novels and Short stories
- Sette of Odd Volumes titles
- Translations and Commentaries
- The violin
- Publications on Foraminifera (PDF)(adapted from: Hodgkinson, R.L. & Whittaker, J.E. 2004. Edward Heron-Allen FRS (1861-1943): a review of his scientific career, with an annotated bibliography of his foraminiferal publications. Archives of Natural History, 31: 6-29)
- Prolegomena towards the Study of the Chalk Foraminifera. An elementary paper on the collection, preparation, examination, identification and mounting of foraminifera from the chalk, illustrated by a study of the chalk from the Twyford-Maidenhead railway cutting, H. S. Nichols & Co. (London), 1894 (Illustrated, pp. 36. 8o.)
- The Foraminifera of the Clare Island District, co. Mayo, Ireland, Dublin, 1913 (Clare Island Survey. pt. 64. pp. 188, 8o.)
- The Foraminifera of the Kerimba Archipelago, Portuguese East Africa, London, 1914 (Extracted from the Transactions of the Zoological Society of London, with plates, pp. 15, 4o.)
- Presidential Address, 1916-17: Alcide d'Orbigny, his Life and his Work ... To which is appended: A Study of the foraminifera of the Biscayan coast of France in the neighbourhood of La Rochelle, London,  (by E. Heron-Allen and Arthur Earland, reprinted from the Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society, 1917. pp. 105. pl. XIII 8o.)
- The Fossil Foraminifera of the Blue Marl of the Côte des Basques, Biarritz, Manchester, 1919 (Edited, with additions by Edward Heron-Allen and Arthur Earland, pp. xxiv. 145. pl. 9, 8o.)
- Les Foraminifères des "Sables rouges" du golfe d'Ajaccio. Avec 2 planches, 1922
- Protozoa. Part II. Foraminifera, London, 1922 (with eight plates, 4o.)
- Barnacles in Nature and in Myth, Humphrey Milford (London), 1928 (with plates, pp. xv. 180, 8o.)
- Publications on Foraminifera (PDF)
- Local history