Edward Heron-Allen in uniform, c. 1918
Joan Navarre is writing a biography
of Edward Heron-Allen.
Any information concerning Heron-Allen (e.g. letters, manuscripts, photographs) will be greatly appreciated.
Bibligraphy complied by R.B.Russell Tartarus Press, with many thanks to John Mahoney for his additions.
This bibliography is an evolving work. Please notify the webmaster of any additions, corections or amendments.
- Novels and Short stories
- Sette of Odd Volumes titles
- Chiromancy, or the science of palmistry, Routledge & Sons (London), 1883 (Illustrated, pp. 159. 8o.)
- A Manual of Cheirosophy. Preceded by an introductory argument upon the science of cheirosophy, Ward, Lock, & Co. (London), 1885 (8o., pp. 319, with full-page illustrations by R. B. Horsley)
- ditto, second edition, Ward, Lock, & Co. (London, New York), 1886
- ditto, third edition, Ward, Lock, & Co. (London, New York), 1887 (pp. 319; illus. 19 cm.)
- ditto, seventh edition, Ward, Lock, & Co. (London, New York), 1894
- Practical Cheirosophy. A synoptical study of the science of the hand, etc., G. P. Putnam's Sons (New York & London), 1891 (pp. 125, 8o.) - earlier editions noted: Putnams 1887 and 1890. Others: 1892, 1898
- La Science de la main. The Science of the Hand; or, the art of recognising the tendencies of the human mind by the observation of the formations of the hands, Ward, Lock & Co. (London), 1886 (Translated from the French by D'Arpentigny) and edited with an introduction, appendices, and a commentary on the text by Ed. Heron-Allen. With plates and diagrams by Rosamund Brunel Horsley, pp. 444. 8o.)
- ditto, third edition, Ward, Lock, & Co. (London), 1890
- Chiromancy, or the science of palmistry, Routledge & Sons (London), 1883
- Translations and Commentaries
- The violin
- Local history